You want to add a second nest thermostat to your home so that you can control the temperature in your entire house simultaneously. To be able to set 2 separate temperatures for your home and keep your whole house at a comfortable temperature.
Adding a second thermostat requires connecting two thermostats to your main thermostat. This can be very difficult. It can also be expensive.
In addition to the cost of a second thermostat, there is the cost of wiring and setting up the new thermostat. If you are unable to figure out how to do this, you could end up spending lots of money in your attempts to add a second thermostat.
In this article, I would like to reveal a simple and cost-effective way to add a second thermostat to your home. This method will help you reduce your energy bills, will help you sleep better at night and will help your entire home stay at a comfortable temperature.
Add a second nest thermostat – Steps
1. The first step is to choose a Nest Thermostat. It will tell you if you have the correct version. Just click on “Find compatible devices” and search for your model.
2. If the Nest doesn’t recognize your device, try turning it on and off to reboot it.
3. Connect your Nest Thermostat. Follow the instructions to link your thermostat to the Nest app.
4. Open the Nest app on your phone or computer.
5. In the search bar, type in “my nest”.
6. Tap the “my nest” symbol at the top left corner.
7. Choose your home screen from the drop down menu, then tap “set thermostat preferences”.
8. Select “Add another thermostat” from the list of options.
9. Select “Link my current thermostat” and then tap “Add”.
10. Find your Nest Thermostat again. Tap on the name under “Thermostats connected”.
11. Scroll down until you find the right thermostat.
12. Tap “Link”.
13. Your Nest thermostat is now linked!
14. Turn your thermostat on and off to test.
When a single thermostat fails, you might lose heat to your house. As a result, you can’t control the temperature as well as you could. Adding another thermostat will allow you to keep your home comfortable even when the first fails.
For example, if you have an old thermostat in your attic and a new one near your furnace, you might end up with the furnace turning on and off depending on whether the old or new thermostat is sensing the temperature.
In this case, it is better to use a two-thermostat system so you don’t have to replace both thermostats.
Further, if you’re looking for the best thermostat for your home, we recommend the best smart thermostat.
If you’re a smart homeowner, you can make a thermostat for your home that connects to your Nest account. By doing so, you can set the temperature in your home based on when you leave or arrive at work
Can you have 2 thermostat on nest?
Yes! In fact, there is a way to have 2 thermostats on one Nest. You can configure it so that 1 thermostat is for your main living space and the other thermostat is for your sleeping space.
For example, if you are sleeping in the bedroom and your main living area is downstairs, then you can use the “sleeping” thermostat as the main living thermostat.
Do you need 2 nest thermostats for 2 zones?
It depends on the size of your house and how many rooms you have. If you have an open concept or open floor plan you will only need 1 Nest thermostat. If your house is a big box like mine then you will need to add a second Nest thermostat.
How many nest thermostat can one account have?
The number of nest thermostats you can have depends on the version of the nest you use. With the standard model thermostat, you can have up to 10 devices. With the Nest Learning Thermostat, you can have up to 20 devices. With the new Nest Protect you can have up to 15 devices.
Why would you need 2 nest thermostat?
You wouldn’t. But some people like to have 2 Nest thermostats, so they can control each zone independently. If both are on at the same time, they will keep each other from shutting off, and this is a waste of energy.